Friday, June 19, 2009

Summertime!

Well it seems like the warm weather is finally here. We finally got up to the trailer again last weekend and had a beautiful day on Sunday for the beach and boating. I of course forgot my camera when we went down to the beach but we got both my girls and my nieces out on a tube.

Zac is done with the 7th grade and did quite well on his final grades. I'm hoping this continues through the coming years.
Alexis will be starting preschool in the fall. I think she is pretty excited but is still unsure about not being able to ride the bus like Zac. I'm hoping that the fun she has at school will negate that fact shortly after she starts.
Jordyn just turned 2 a month ago and has definitely grown into her Zimmer attitude. Not quite as bad as her sister but she can sure hold her own. I think we are going to have a busy summer since both girls want to be outside all the time!
My sad news for this post is that my sister & family have decided to move to Boston for a couple years for her to finish some school. They will be leaving at the end of July but I'm glad they will around for part of the summer. That will be a sad, sad day for me (and my family) to not have them so close - brings a tear to my eye just thinking of it. I think Alexis thinks she's little Cutty's 2nd mom. I know she will not be happy about the distance and my little Jordyn will miss her Aunt Toni & Uncle a lot. All of my kids love being with her but Jordyn definitely prefers her to just about anyone else.
Well I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the summer and has many great things planned for the next couple months. Hopefully we will see everyone at some point and we will be planning the Zimmer cookout again soon so keep a watch out for the date!Ken & I at the Tigers GameCakes for Miley & OksanaJordyn jamming to her tunes on the Dora bikeLexi enjoying her new toy - thanks Sabrina & Greg!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that your sister is moving! I know it went back and forth and I was really hoping they would hang around!

Cute pics though - love the cakes and the girls...adorable as always!

Sheryl said...

Aw that is sad! It's definitely hard to be away from family. I know I had a tough time leaving my sister when I moved to Chicago and it is definitely harder now that she has a little boy :(
Good luck to them!! (and you!)